From your #clickandgrow Instagram pictures, we've noticed that you're sometimes enthusiastic to let the plants grow wild, huge and free. The dilemma between trying to grow something new and keeping the plant that has been there for you for 3 months growing wild is quite challenging. But hey, you can have it all.
1. Take the fully grown refill our of your Smart Herb Garden and twist the lid clockwise to loosen it up.
2. Remove all the plastic parts of the refill. It's okay if you accidentally damage the roots a little, no worries!
3. Put the plant in a pot with soil in it and secure the refill in place with the soil. Water it and that's it!
Some mighty tips from our gardener:
- Make sure you water the flowerpot enough during the first few weeks - it shouldn't dry out. The water helps the plant "move in" in its new "home" easier.
- The pot shouldn't be considerably bigger than the Smart Herb Garden refill. 6 inch (15 cm) diameter will do just fine.
- If you're transplanting perennials (thyme, lemon balm, chili pepper etc.), make sure to transplant the plant every year to a pot +1 inch (2.5 cm) bigger than the previous one.
- Have fun!