Let's Celebrate Estonian Independence Day with This Delicious Treat
Did you know Click & Grow was born in a beautiful northern European country called Estonia?
This takes on special significance as Estonian Independence Day approaches!
Every year, Estonians around the globe gather to celebrate the birthday of their homeland. Estonian Independence Day marks the anniversary of the Estonian Declaration of Independence in 1918.
- Blue cornflowers and blue-black-white tricolors of Estonia set the perfect atmosphere -
To commemorate this special event, we’re featuring a delicious crème brûlée recipe by Getter Madison. This recipe can be garnished with the national flower of Estonia - Cornflower.
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 50g of sugar + 4 tsp for the brûlée
- Set the oven to 95 degrees Celsius. Heat the cream in a saucepan.
- Whisk the yolks and sugar in a bowl and slowly pour in the hot cream, constantly whisking.
- Add the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins or oven proof jars and let them bake in the oven until the mixture is set but the center is still a bit wobbly. It can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely and refrigerate. Top with sugar (1tsp each) and blowtorch just before serving.
- Estonian inspired crème brûlée -
For more articles and inspiration, head over to www.clickandgrow.com/blogs/news. Discover tips on how to grow food indoors and much more.